Last weekend a fire swept through part of the Lacor trading centre (very close to our church). Unfortunately the catechist (Dan’s colleague) and a family from church were amongst 18 households who lost their home/shop. Children have been blamed for playing with fire at a small rubbish pit near a video hall (made of bamboo and papyrus). This is the dry season and it was particularly windy that day. As a lot of the buildings are very flammable, it was over in about 30 minutes.

Most people lost everything. There’s no house insurance here.





One response »

  1. Jen Spencer says:

    Devastating 😥

    Sent from my iPhone


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s