Thank you to our team of faithful friends and family who are praying for us!
We hope to regularly update this page to make it easier for you…
- We have just applied for Myron’s birth certificate. Expected wait: 3-4 weeks. We would love it to be quicker (and smooth sailing), so we then can apply for his passport and a visitor visa to travel back to visit Australia for Christmas.
- Jody’s university studies. She is on the final subject (and last assignment) for her Masters – needs some more time, wisdom, clarity and creative juices to get through this one!
- Please pray for a volunteer teacher who would be able to come and help in 2019. Our work is expanding significantly so we would love a teacher, preferably experience working in the younger years, to come and help mentor our local teachers, and to work on some teacher training notes. If you know of anyone interested, please let us know. Looking for someone for all of 2019 if possible.
- Funding for 2 projects we are working on with READ for Life: the filming of a set of demonstrate videos and printing of our phonics readers; as well as continued funding for our teachers.
- The Ministry of Education head office is being difficult with our registration for the nursery teacher training college. Pray for smooth processing of our application.
- We have applied for Myron’s birth certificate – so at least this application is in and the process is moving.
- For getting a very small break away in Entebbe as a family: great to unwind a little and spend time together!
- Thankful for the strong team of volunteers we have around us here and afar to support our work, in particular our Peace Corps volunteer Aleks and our US volunteer Kelsey helping us on the ground in Gulu – so thankful!
(Updated September 12th, 2018).