Thank you to our team of faithful friends and family who are praying for us!
We hope to regularly update this page to make it easier for you…
- We have sent off a visa application for a 5-year adoption visa for Myron for Australia. We have heard it takes a while to process (around two years), but it would be incredible to have this approved. It took us a LONG TIME to get all the paperwork to submit it.
- For Jody as she mentors the READ for Life team and prioritises professional development to empower the staff members.
- For both Dan and Jody as they teach their local neighbours, we are working on: resilience, respect and self control of the children (you can read between the lines there).
- As classes return back to school, teachers will return to teaching phonics to help close the gap in education which will be there from being out of school for a year and a half.
- Since schools have been closed in March last year, we have been on the radio every day teaching children how to read/write, basic maths and storytime. We just finished this program (end of April, 2021). We are now continuing with weekly story tie every Saturday on one radio station.
- New Zealand author/teacher Phoebe Wright who has been offering weekly storywriting sessions over ZOOM to the staff at READ for Life (specifically on how to write radio stories, which our staff are beginning to read over the radio).
- For the incredible opportunity to teach our neighbours and serve our community.
- How much closer we have come to our community (children and their mothers).
(Updated May 5th, 2021).