Thank you to our team of faithful friends and family who are praying for us!
We hope to regularly update this page to make it easier for you…
- READ for Life and Connect Education Centre staff members who have symptoms of COVID (flu-like symptoms including loss of taste and smell). As we write this we have two in isolation, however their isolation period ends today. Pray for their health, quick recoveries, and for the health of their families.
- Continued funding for three daily radio teaching programmes. Funds go to pay for airtime at the three radio stations.
- Wisdom as we re-open up the nursery teacher’s training college to second year students only (under government directives): it is expected to open October 15.
- As we juggle homeschooling, opening the teacher’s college, radio lessons, professional development and teaching the local children.
- Since schools have been closed in March, we have been on the radio every day teaching children how to read/write, basic maths and storytime. We have completed over 250 live programmes. Children are listening in and calling in with their answers.
- Listening to our team blossom into their read aloud skills (we just love how the character voices and sound effects have developed over these past few months!
- Jody has had the opportunity of leading weekly professional development sessions with staff during the period of school closure. It is encouraging to see them grow in their teaching abilities and also self reflection skills!
- Dan has been teaching the local children for about three months (a wide variety of ages!) It has been a tremendous opportunity to serve our local neighbours and get to know our small community better. We have been extremely blessed in return with many food gifts in return.
(Updated October 4th, 2020).